Honda Pilot vs. Toyota Highlander
The Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander are two of the best selling mid-size family SUVs in the US. So how do they compare? We did some research and discovered just how the Honda Pilot outclasses the Highlander with it’s updated look, versatile interior, and upgraded technology!
The Honda Pilot exhumes power and performance at its core with a 3.5L V-6 engine and 280-HP and 262 lb-ft of torque so you can accelerate quickly and confidently. This high performing SUV gets a 20 city / 27 highway MPG rating for it’s Touring trim and 19 city / 27 highway on all other trim levels. the Pilot’s available Intelligent Traction Management system helps drivers adapt to changing road conditions with added confidence, thanks to featured driving modes like Normal, Snow, Mud and Sand. These capabilities allow the Pilot to conquer more terrain choices than the Highlanders Limited AWD.
Compared with the Honda Pilot, the 2020 Toyota Highlander doesn’t come close to providing the same performance capabilities. The entry-level Highlander provides a similar fuel economy with 21 city / 29 highway but doesn’t provide a traction management system like the Pilot does, inhibiting its performance.
Honda Pilot Advantages Over Highlander
- Capability – the Pilot’s available Intelligent Traction Management system helps drivers adapt to changing road conditions with added confidence, thanks to featured driving modes like Normal, Snow, Mud and Sand. These capabilities allow the Pilot to conquer more terrain choices than the Highlanders Limited AWD.
- WI-FI Hotspot – the Pilot’s available Wi-Fi hotspot capability allows passengers to connect to their favorite streaming videos, social media feeds and more; a feature that isn’t available on Highlander models.
- Entertainment – the Pilot’s touring edition provides a rear entertainment system and features that far surpass the Highlander’s capabilities. Come by Stevenson Hendrick Honda and find out why!
- RDM – different from the Highlander, the Pilot’s standard road departure mitigation system uses cameras to see the road markers and alert drivers if they’re about to leave the road.
- Capacity – relax comfortably while you enjoy 9.5 cubic feet more passenger volume, than the Highlander has to offer, when you drive a Pilot model.
- Access – it’s never been easier to get to your third-row seating, with just the push of a button Honda’s Pilot SUV offers convenience the Highlander can not!
Winner: The Honda Pilot
There is no doubt the Honda Pilot wins this comparison contest. If you still don’t believe us, then come by Stevenson Hendrick Honda Wilmington today and let us show you all the great reasons to drive a Pilot SUV! Don’t forget to check out our specials to find great offers on all our Honda Vehicles. Contact us today and come in for a test drive. Our Honda dealership is conveniently located at 821 S College Rd. in Wilmington, NC.